With all the sound and competition in the market these days, it is sensible to look outside traditional areas to get a competitive edge. I have always said the greatest competitive edge is under your hat: creating your mind. Here are ten known regions of science that could give businesses and higher-performance people a massive advantage for 2021. If you want to get started check out Glue Design.com today!.
- Resilience. Can you ever wonder why some people can snap through hardships and come out stronger on the opposite side while others languish, go to melancholy, and take years to recuperate? Science has been analyzing this area of resilience, and it could be taught like mathematics. If you are among those who take some time to recuperate from setbacks, you may greatly benefit from studying strength. Best software: sales individuals coping with rejection, negotiators, property professionals, emergency landscape employees.
- Deliberate Practice. To acquire from good to good, high celebrities apply deliberate training, a kind of specialist functionality that refines and perfects their craft. Best software: surgeons, celebrities, entertainers, speakers, pilots, and coaches.
- Neuroplasticity. This decade discovers that our brains are continuously learning and developing new brain cells each day of our lives before the minute we die. Best software: educators, tax accountants, healthcare professionals, and IT engineers.
- Mindfulness. As a result of Ellen Langer’s study, we’ve got a partial glimpse into just how amazingly powerful mindfulness is. Her studies have proven the specific steps it can take to reverse the consequences of aging, such as reversing vision losses and physical strength. Hollywood is so impressed that they are creating a film about her own life and Jennifer Aniston will star as Dr. Langer. Best programs: health care professionals notably those in long-term care facilities like nursing homes, home health care employees, and retirement communities.
- Positive Psychology. Due to novels like Tony Hsieh’s Delivering Happiness, CEOs are now becoming an understanding of how pleasure can considerably enhance the office. My nonprofit, the American Happiness Association, has made the PBS and Fox News that this past year. The key isn’t only staying happy, but having the ability to handle your negative and positive emotions for top performance success. Best software: coping with difficult employees, bullying, big corporations where worker satisfaction and customer service would be the focal points along with the senior management wishes to reap the benefits of a positive workplace.
- Nature vs. Nurture. Science is crystal clear about how nurture may override nature considerably more than we realized. Considering all the discussion about breaking up the DNA genetic code, we’re now figuring out that RNA can say just about any old manner it needs with just a bit of assistance in the environment. Best software: architects, landscape designers, interior decorators, furniture designers, connection coaches, life coaches, nutritionists, and physical fitness trainers.
- Multi-tasking. An extremely trendy new study found that just 3% of the populace can multi-task well. The rest of us are now costing ourselves time and precision every day once we are multi-task. Interestingly, some businesses are pushing. One that hired me lately had me tone my chapter demonstrating just how bad multi-tasking is for operation since their top management encouraged it. We will need to get real about what multi-tasking is costing us. Best software: Any employee who’s often distracted may gain from this science-fiction.
- Insight. We know how to make the perfect conditions to assist employees to create more”aha moments.” Best software: R&D, marketing, artists, authors, anybody who wants to become more creative and innovative.
- Focused Care. Science has made important breakthroughs in helping us understand how we could concentrate our heads so that our attention spans can be lengthened. A wonderful side effect is that when we reinforce this component of our mind we enlarge our understanding, enabling us to tap into the knowledge of our subconscious mind. Best software: Nominees, pilot, IT engineer, gamer, authorities.
- Decision-making. There have been fresh insights into the way we make decisions, and of course Daniel Kahnemann and Amos Tversky’s Nobel prize-winning research in the region of heuristics. Here we can discover where our decision blind places live and train ourselves to view them. Best software: negotiators, deal makers, stock agents, acquisitions and merger advisers, and senior administration.
Even though the decade of the mind is long gone (the 1990s), discoveries in research discoveries persist daily. It is a really cool time to be living, particularly if you understand how to exploit the power of those scientific discoveries. It is never too late to receive a fresh beginning for your new year of 2021.